Position Title: Clinical Nursing Instructor – Medical Surgical
Department: Health Occupations Academic Area
Reports To: Director of Nursing Programs
Expected Starting Salary: $21,628.50 - $27,921.50
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
This position in the Nursing Department will provide instruction in nursing program courses that require clinical knowledge and expertise in Fundamentals and Medical Surgical Nursing. This person is responsible for working in conjunction with the Health Occupations Academic Area toward the development and instruction of Nursing and related Allied Health courses. This individual will teach as assigned in the clinical area; conduct assessment activities; advise students on curriculum, academic programs, employment and career goals; and support and contribute to the growth and development of the academic area. This position may also include preparing and delivering classes; serving as a team leader; teaching during weekend and evening hours, and teaching online courses. The successful candidate will possess a love of teaching and knowledge of adult learning theory, enjoy working with students, be a good communicator, and function as a team player.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.N.) with a major in Nursing
- Ability to obtain a Master’s degree by August 2019
- Minimum of three years’ clinical experience in Medical Surgical Nursing
- Teaching/training experience with clients, nurses, other health care professionals, and/or students
- Licensed as a professional Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan or ability to obtain license prior to start date
- BLS Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Word processing skills and experience (i.e. Microsoft® Word)
- Computer skills, including knowledge and experience using Internet, email and calendaring software (i.e. Outlook, Gmail, etc.)
- Master's degree (M.S.N.) with a major in Nursing
- Recent acute care Medical Surgical experience
- Teaching experience in a school/college of nursing
- Leadership experience in nursing (i.e. teaching clinical courses, charge nurse, unit manager, etc.)
- Certification in Medical Surgical Nursing
- Experience in the instruction of web-based, online, and other nontraditional courses
- BLS Instructor Certification
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
This individual may supervise adjunct faculty and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
This is a part-time, 9 month position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on 4/7/2017 will receive first consideration. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online. For more information, visit NMC on the web at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs For assistance call 231-995-1377 or 1-800-748-0566 x51377 or email email@example.com .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.