Position Title: Engineering Instructor
Department: Math and Science
Reports To: Department Chair
Expected Starting Salary: $43,257.00 - $ 55,843.00
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
This faculty member is responsible for teaching engineering courses in the Science Department. The instructor may develop and revise courses as needed. The faculty member is a member of the professional teaching staff that is responsible for effectively implementing the mission of NMC and the Science/Math academic area. May include teaching nights, weekends, and/or online instruction.
All Faculty positions commensurate with degree and experience as outlined in the NMC Faculty Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Civil engineering or a related field
- Mastery of or ability to learn software and computer skills including integration of multiple word processing programs, databases, spreadsheets required; data analysis (e.g., SPSS, Snap) and presentation software
- Ability to convert data and statistics to graphics
- Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential
- A clear understanding of sound research methodology
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and constituents of varying technical backgrounds
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop rapport quickly, speak and listen effectively, and the ability to give succinct instructions
- Minimum of two years of industry experience
- Experience at the community college level as instructor and/or student
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as professional engineer within two years of start date
- Coursework in research methods and statistical analysis
- Able to describe how multicultural issues have been or will be brought into courses
- Previous experience teaching or mentoring minorities or members of other underrepresented groups that relate to this position
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervises others in accordance with NMC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time, 9 month position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on May 18th, 2017 will receive first consideration. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online. For more information, visit NMC on the web at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs For assistance call 231-995-1377 or 1-800-748-0566 x51377 or email email@example.com .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.