Position Title: Groundskeeper
Department: Facilities Management
Reports To: Director of Facilities or Designee
Anticipated Starting Date: July 3rd, 2017
Expected Starting Salary: $14.04 per hour
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
Performs daily and routine operations in the maintenance and upkeep of the Campus athletic fields, buildings and grounds as assigned by the Director of Facilities or designee. Operates and maintains all related equipment as assigned. Informs the Director of Facilities or designee on the immediate condition of all assigned areas and maintains good relations with the public and staff. Must have the ability to work well on his/her own; ability to be trustworthy and maintain confidentiality; ability to read and follow written and oral directions and to plan and work well independently or in a large group. Must be able to operate equipment while maintaining a safe environment for the public, students and staff.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years work experience or training in a landscaping, lawn care, excavation, snow removal, material handling equipment or other related operation.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license with no restrictions.
- Must pass a D.O.T. physical
- Must be forklift and bucket lift certified
- Knowledge of turf care, trees, shrubs and grounds cover
- Athletic field maintenance, parking lot and road maintenance, snow removal
- Material handling
- Working knowledge of heavy, medium and light equipment with the ability to operate equipment while maintaining a safe environment for the public, students and staff
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
May give direction and training to grounds student employees as assigned.
This is a full-time, 40+ hour per week position.
Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online. For more information, visit NMC on the web at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs For assistance call 231-995-1377 or 1-800-748-0566 x51377 or email email@example.com .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.