Position Title: Human Resources Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Executive Director of HR
Expected Starting Salary: $42,810
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
This position is responsible for position control, payroll and benefits processing, compliance reporting, College-wide personnel budget data entry and reporting through HRIS (Banner). This position also tracks and processes FMLA leaves, Short-Term Disability, Unemployment and Workers' Compensation claims. Responsible for data management and reporting through HRIS (Banner).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Two or more years of experience in human resources
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification or other HR cetification
- Experience compiling, entering, and reporting data
- Experience working with and interpreting policies and legal guidelines.
- Two or more years of experience with payroll/position control or processing employee and human resources data
- Two or more years of experience tracking FMLA, short-term disability and other employee leaves
- Team player
- Relationship builder & ability to develop a rapport with employees
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
This is a full-time, 40+ hour per week position.
Open until filled. Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on 07/21/2017 will receive first consideration. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online. For more information, visit NMC on the web at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs For assistance call 231-995-1377 or 1-800-748-0566 x51377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.