Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Michigan
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Michigan has been providing mentoring services to at-risk youth for over 50 years, with a program that originated in the Emmet County area in 1960, and has provided professionally supported mentoring relationships to over 2,500 children. Our mission is ''to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever''.
- Kids with a mentor are 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs.
- Kids with a mentor are 27% less like to begin using alcohol.
- Kids with a mentor are 52% less likely to skip school.
- Kids with a mentor show improved academic skills.
- Kids with a mentor have higher self-esteem.
NewsRelease Date: April 04, 2018
Whom to Contact
- Cecilia ChesneyExecutive DirectorPhone: (231) 946-2447 x218
- Kris HoxiePartnership & Development CoordinatorPhone: (231) 946-2447 x217
- Denise RusinowskiProgram AdministratorPhone: (231) 946-2447 x223
- Christie Ward-StrahanCase ManagerPhone: (231) 313-7323
Located in Traverse City on the corner of Front Street and Rose Street across from The Blue Goat.