Traverse Bay Children's Advocacy Center
Traverse Bay Children's Advocacy Center (TBCAC) is a regional response center committed to the protection and wellbeing of children. It stands as a safe haven for children and families suffering from the trauma of sexual abuse, physical abuse, and violence, as well as the leading regional advocate for justice, prevention, and healing. TBCAC is among Michigan’s largest CACs, serving six counties in the Grand Traverse region. Accredited by the National Children’s Alliance, TBCAC is consistently recognized for leadership in the state and field. No other organization in the region does this work.
- More than 1,700 children have been referred to TBCAC since 2010
- Over 300 children each year receive forensic interviews to investigate allegations of abuse
- 35 regional partners, including law enforcement, child protection, prosecution, medical and mental health professionals
- 5% of adults in the Grand Traverse Region have received prevention education from the TBCAC
- Accredited by the National Children's Alliance